An A-Zyme Peel is the absolute powerhouse of Anti-ageing and Acne clearing treatments! This fast acting, skin rejuvenating treatments has been specially formulated to target the most problematic of skin concerns and combines proven anti-ageing and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as Retinol and Bromelain to effectively refresh, clear, hydrate and plump the skin. It works quickly to dramatically diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, even skin tone, reduce acne causing bacteria and improve the skins overall luminosity after just one treatment.
The A-zyme contains the highest cosmeceutical grade of retinol on the market – 1% stabilised Retinol (vitamin A), as well as 6% Bromelain, which is a naturally derived pineapple enzyme, sourced from the juice of pineapple stems. Bromelain is best known for its’ anti-inflammatory properties, associated with wound healing and reduction of edematous (swollen) tissue.
These cosmeceutical super heroes’ have the remarkable ability to stimulate collagen production and speed up cell turnover, normalise skin keratinisation, reverse and improve signs of ageing, beneficially treat hyperpigmentation, effectively treat acne and it’s scarring and improve the quality of your skins’ overall complexion!
During your treatment, we will thoroughly cleanse and prep your skin, and then the peel is applied for up to and no longer than 10minutes (but don’t worry, we will slowly work you up to that throughout the duration of your course). Once the little powerhouse peel has worked its’ magic, it is removed and then onto the good stuff!! Your therapist will apply a specially tailored mask which will be deeply infused into the skin, and following this, a series of serums and moisture will be applied. You will also receive a relaxing neck and shoulder massage to leave you feeling blissful.
95% of clients report that the A-Zyme is painless, with the other 5% reporting a very mild prickly feeling upon application.
It is important to consider the after effects, which may involve mild to moderate flaking of the skin that can last for about 2-5 days following the treatment. This is a completely normal and very important part of the process and is caused by the speed up in cellular turnover, resulting in the shedding of the dead layer of skin cells that would usually lift naturally at a MUCH slower rate. This means bye-bye to the old, hello to the new, fresh, healthy and rejuvenated you!
For the most effective results, a course of 6-8 treatments is recommended, with each treatment being 2-3 weeks apart. It is particularly important to stick to the recommended timings to ensure your treatment works properly. Too much or not enough time between treatments can be detrimental to your overall end result. Your therapist can explain further about the importance of timings and how it can affect you.
Seriously though.. Any time is a good time to start a course of A-Zyme Peels, however, you will need to see us for a consultation first to ensure you are a suitable candidate and are not contraindicated to the treatment.
Contact either our Woden or Griffith locations if you would like to book a consultation to discuss the A-Zyme treatment and your suitability further.